About Dr. Robert Briskin
An Expert Diagnostician & Compassionate Healer
According to Dr. Robert Briskin, Medicine is an ART, and the key to being a good doctor is following the Hippocratic Oath and combining Ability and a thirst for lifelong learning with Affability, and Availability.
After graduating from Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut, Dr. Briskin attended Albany Medical College, then completed an internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the University Of Florida College Of Medicine at Shands Hospital in Gainesville. Dr. Briskin has been in practice for 38 years and he is the first concierge physician in Palm Beach County.
As a leading concierge physician, he has been passionate about improving the quality and longevity of his patients. He has impacted the lives of many by his special attention to details, and by being a superb diagnostician and a problem solver! He is well known among the healthcare professionals as one who gets the job done!
Dr. Briskin is also known for his compassion and empathetic approach. He treats his patients as they are members of his family, just like he cared for his own father who suffered from Parkinson disease for over 30 years. He cares and attends to his patients with complete devotion and with a 24/7 accessibility.
Dr. Briskin has been honored multiple times by the Jupiter Medical Center Foundation their “Honor a Caregiver” award for “A special caregiver who has been identified by a grateful patient for providing outstanding care” This honor together with many others in the past are all a testimony and a recognition of Dr. Briskin outstanding and noble health care commitment.
- Salutatorian, Valley Stream North High, Class of 1972
- Wesleyan University of Middletown, Connecticut, full academic scholarship, B.A., Biology, 1976
- Albany Medical College, M.D., 1981
- Internship and Residency, University of Florida College of Medicine, 1981-1984
- Private Practice, Internal Medicine, 7/84- present
- Concierge Medical Doctor 9/2000-present
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine, July 2, 1984
- Fellowship, American College of Physicians, April, 1996
- Florida Board of Medical Examiners, July 13, 1982 (active)
- New York Board of Medical Examiners (inactive)
- Jupiter Medical Center, 1986- present
- Jupiter Medical Center, Foundation Board Member, 2013-2014
- Jupiter Medical Center, Corporate Board member, 1988-present
- Presenter, American Public Health Association, “Public Health and the Faith Community”-11/96
- Key legislative contact American Society of Internal Medicine, 1993-1996
- Member, National Health Policy Council, Washington, D.C., 1/1996
- Gubernatorial Appointee to Governor Chiles’ statewide Physician Advisory Board, 1997
- Board member, Palm Beach County Medical Society, 1999-2000
- Case study published “Practical Politics”- American College of Physician Executives, 2000
- Public Service Award winner, Florida Dietetic Association, 1999
- Founder, VIPCARE, the first concierge-style medical practice in Palm Beach County, 9/2000
- Presenter, Florida State Guardianship Association, 2002: “Working Together as a Team”
- Board member, American Academy of Private Physicians (AAPP), 2007-2008
- Medical Director, SeniorBridge/Humana- West Palm Beach, Florida, 2015-2016
- Healthcare Reform/ Patient Advocacy
- Healthcare Innovator
- Creative Writing, Essayist and Editorialist
- Fluency in Spanish